Over the course of my heightening food sensitivities and becoming a mom of two (and conscientious about the food I give them), I have become increasingly obsessed with all things Elana’s Pantry. She comes up with nutrient dense, allergy-free alternatives to heavenly baked goodness that create happiness in our household. One of my go-to recipes is her gluten free, grain free chocolate chip cookie recipe. I don’t feel so bad when my 3 year old knocks these down her throat cookie monster style! She washes them with a glass of almond milk or a cold smoothie making this snack pure healthy, nutrient dense yumminess! Bake them for your loved ones!
- 2 ½ cups blanched almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 10 tablespoons grassfed butter, melted (I sometimes use grapeseed oil if I’m out of my Kerrygold grassfed butter)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup organic honey
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks (I use either Dagoba or Enjoy Life.)
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Stir together wet ingredients in a smaller bowl
- Mix wet ingredients into dry
- Form 1-inch balls and press onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Bake at 350° for 7-10 minutes
- Cool and serve.
TIP: Don’t cool these too much. They’re extra delicious right out of the oven with the chocolate chips melting all over your fingers!
NOTE: You can make this recipe vegan if you choose by substituting grape seed oil instead of butter and maple syrup (or agave) instead of honey.