HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017
:: Happy December! We’re back with this year’s holiday gift ideas for everyone! Like last year, this holiday gift guide 2017 is a curated list from all the beautiful friends and past guests of the blog. Have a look and have fun shopping! ::
1. HOLIDAY CARDS FROM “NO KID HUNGRY” :: as suggested by SARA GILBERT (Emmy Award winning actress, TV host, activist, mother)
+ I just bought a bunch of holiday cards from No Kid Hungry. Although I know it’s not as fun to unwrap as stuff is, I can’t think of a better charity or way to give at Christmas.
2. AMAZON DOT ECHO :: as suggested by MAURISSA TANCHAROEN WHEDON (Showrunner / Creator of Marvel’s AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.)
+ The Amazon Echo Dot is a cute little hockey puck where Alexa lives. If you don’t know Alexa, you should meet her this holiday season. She’s super polite, well-informed, can multi-task and will make your life better.
3. MINI JAWBONE JAMBOX :: as suggested by JENNA USHKOWITZ (singer/actress/dancer (Glee, Hair), activist, podcaster, documentarian)
+ Mini Jawbone Jambox for the times when you need a speaker for travel, the beach, in the kitchen while cooking or for some serious shower singing, music always lifts my spirits and makes me feel good!
4. BEST FRIENDS ANIMAL SOCIETY DONATION :: as suggested by ASHLEY BORDEN (celebrity trainer / health and wellness guru / lifestyle expert)
+ What about donating to the incredible, positive, effective nonprofit Best Friends Animal Society? I love them and I’m an ambassador. They believe in positive messaging rescuing all types of animals at their incredible sanctuary.
5. ULTRA FAUX FUR OVER-SIZED THROW :: as suggested by PAUL ANKA (one of the most prolific singer-songwriters of our time, Canada’s walk of fame inductee, grandfather to eight)
+ This Restoration Hardware Throw is my favorite gift to give people. It looks great in every lidause and is warm and cozy for the winter!
6. MIRAKLE CREAM :: as suggested by STACY COX (beauty and style expert for Dr. Oz, The View, E! News, KTLA, health and wellness guru, yogi)
+ This MIRAKLE CREAM boasts 25 cures (and counting!) for the face and body. It reduces fine lines and wrinkles, is extremely moisturizing, calms rosacea and eczema, firms tones and tightens skin, reduces hyperpigmentation (dark spots), increases luminosity, it’s an excellent makeup primer (recently used at the Grammys) and many other healing benefits. This is the type of remedy you purchase multiples of and stash in your car, purse, gym bag or even your teen daughter’s school locker! It’s a “hero” catch all, multi-tasker.
Use Checkout Code: King5
7. GIRL IS NOT A 4 LETTER WORD x DUSTERS CALIFORNIA LONGBOARD WITH ART WORK BY LEGENDARY DOGTOWN SKATER/ARTIST WES HUMPSTON :: as suggested by CINDY WHITEHEAD (professional skateboarder immortalized at the Smithsonian/Skateboarding Hall of Fame Inductee)
+ Because you secretly know you want to be a badass skateboarder and it gives a portion of its proceeds back to girls in skateboarding.
8. A DONATION TO THE LANGE FOUNDATION :: as suggested by TOM MORELLO (Grammy Award Winning musician (Rage Against the Machine, Prophets of Rage), activist, father)
+ The Lange Foundation is an excellent organization that rescues unwanted animals from kill shelters and finds them forever homes.
9. THE KINDLE :: as suggested by TJ JACKSON (multi-platinum selling musician, businessman, father)
+ As an avid reader and someone always on the go, I have grown to love reading on my Kindle because of the numerous and ever growing features. I don’t go anywhere without it!
10. KAL BARTESKI ART :: as suggested by CHRISTINA SIMON (writer, Cal Bear and the brain and beauty behind BeyondTheBrochure.)
+ This is a hand-scripted piece by Canadian artist Kal Barteski. l love her unique, magical script. She did a custom pop-up shop and I got this piece for $40.00 — and I chose this phrase because its a reminder that I will always belong in L.A., my hometown.
11. VESSYL :: as suggested by ALI GELB PINCUS (founder/former-CEO of ONE KINGS LANE, founder of HELLO MAZEL, mother of three)
+ When I read about the VESSYL, I decided I needed to gift it to everyone on my list! Not sure if they’re out in the market yet, but I’m personally dying for one.
12. THE BEST UMBRELLA EVER BY SILKCLO :: as suggested by THAINA SCO (multiplatinum award winning artist singer, songwriter, actress)
+ In an unpredictable weather era, I found this gift below to be the best! It’s waterproof, reverse folding and literally always stays dry so you don’t have to get your house or car wet when you go in with it. It’s windproof, it has UV Protection, and it’s hands free! It’s life changing, mind blowing. And it comes in multiple colors too! Why didn’t we invent umbrellas this way at first place?!
13. ELECTRIC OBJECTS :: as suggested by MIKE JONES (ex-MYSPACE CEO, founder of SCIENCE INC., current tech king)
+ ELECTRIC OBJECTS is an art discovery subscription service of beautifully curated art and photography for your home or office, allowing for an intimate relationship between the artists, their art work and the art fans. You get a free month trial and after that it’s only $9.99 a month. They make impeccable gifts.
+ Mike’s other cool and cutting edge, techy (or yummy) honorable mentions:
14. BIB AND SOLA or BRI HALLOWAY TASSEL EARRINGS :: as suggested by LAURI FIRSTENBERG (curator of DISTINCT and founder of art production company there-there)
+ Kira Heuer’s company Bib and Sola reflects a movement called aesthetic activism. Give a chic gift while supporting the health of our planet!
15. LUNE STORIES AUDIO STORIES :: as suggested by JENNIFER JONES (entrepreneurial coach for Fortune 500 companies, renown psychologist, life coach, expert in transformational parenting)
+ For families that are looking for inspiring and age-appropriate audio stories, these audio stories written and recorded by 11 year-old Océane Jones are perfect! Great for listening to in the car with your kids!
“Hi, my name’s Oceane. I am the CEO and founder of Lune Stories. Here at Lune Stories, we make quality audiobooks with stories made by kids and amazing authors. These stories are filled with fun, brave and compassionate characters that you and your kids will love, laugh and smile for. I think these stories and would be a fantastic present for children of all ages. Thanks for listening, Oceane O’Shea Jones.”
16. INTO THE LABYRINTH MIXED REALITY COOPERATIVE VR BOARD GAME :: as suggested by MASTER MASON WILLIAMS (Fortune 500 toy tech exec, nationally ranked Taekwondo champion, 5th degree Taekwondo master, Cal Bear)
+ “Into the Labyrinth” is a mixed reality cooperative VR board game where one friend is trapped in a VR maze and relies on a friend using real world game pieces and puzzles to help them escape the labyrinth.
17. STAR WARS ROGUE ONE RAPID FIRE IMPERIAL AT-ACT REMOTE CONTROLLED VEHICLE :: as suggested by MIKE BRESNAHAN (TV analyst for Spectrum SportsNet (the Lakers channel), former LA TIMES LAKERS beat writer)
Yeah, I’m a nerd. Oh, and “Rogue One” will be damn good! (I hope.)
18. NESCO FOOD DEHYDRATOR :: as suggested by SYDNEY POITIER (actress, mother, People Magazine’s 50 Most Beautiful People)
+ The Nesco Dehydrator is not something someone generally thinks to buy for themselves, but can supply you with endless healthy snack options. Throw a handful of fruit in there to get dried fruit, or make fruit rolls and jerky for the kids. A major money saver in the end.
19. JOAH LOVE “WORK HARD” sweater :: as suggested by AHYOUNG KIM (owner, founder of JOAH LOVE)
+ I suggest the WORK HARD sweater for all the moms and dads who WORK HARD so our kids can PLAY HARD.
20. WINE.COM :: as suggested by AMANDA RENO (celebrity stylist, dog rescuer)
+ Everyone loves some wine! WINE.COM ships and wraps directly to your door!
21. PORTABLE SMARTPHONE PROJECTER :: as suggested by THAYANA SCO JACKSON (multiplatinum award winning artist, singer, songwriter)
+ The Portable Smartphone Projector is great for any party or event where you’d like to showcase images or videos of your choice without putting too much effort into it. It could be from a vacation slideshow at a family gathering, to videos you may have uploaded online or viral ones you may like from YouTube, Vimeo, etc. All you have to do is connect the projector to your phone and aim it towards a white wall. Easy, simple — and you can take it anywhere for a custom celebration!
22. TATA HARPER’S AROMATIC THERAPIES :: as suggested by KIM SHAPIRA (celebrity dietitian and health consultant for GLAMOUR, DR. DREW)
+ TATA HARPER’S aromatic therapies are great for balancing your nervous system! They make great gifts and are important to have all year long! Whenever you feel like you need a little mental pick up – these do the trick! Anytime, anywhere!
23. AUDIBLE.COM SUBSCRIPTION :: as suggested by DR. NOOSHIN RAZANI (physician, environmentalist, TED TALK SPEAKER)
+ I would get a subscription to audible.com or other storytelling app. It has really changed me and my kids’ commute to have books and stories to listen to. We started with these two books which really have changed my life:
24. FUJI INSTAX SP2 PRINTER :: as suggested by MIKE KNOBLOCH (President, Film and Publishing | Universal Pictures)
+ THIS is the best of both worlds — shoot digital photos with your smartphone and then “print” them as photos!
25. PRICELESS WISH :: as delivered by Dr. Harry Edwards (Black Panther, Spiritual Adviser to the SF 49ers and Golden State Warriors, UC Berkeley Professor Emeritus, father, grandfather, activist)
+ TO YOU AND YOURS: A HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON AND PEACE IN THE COMING NEW YEAR! – Dr. Harry Edwards (Organizer: Olympic Project for Human Rights (Circa : 1967-1968 ))
++ THAT’S ALL, FRIENDS! HAPPY HOLIDAYS! I HOPE YOU ENJOYED OUR HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017. THANK YOU TO ALL THOSE WHO CONTRIBUTED. NOW, STAY WARM AND HOLD YOUR LOVED ONES CLOSE TO YOU. MAY ALL YOUR HOLIDAY WISHES COME TRUE. XO, ELAINE ++
++ AND STAY TUNED READERS: COMING UP ON THE BLOG IS AN INTERVIEW WITH THE INSURMOUNTABLE ARIANNA HUFFINGTON!