Let me know if you’re ready for some flourless gluten free peanut butter cookies!
My mother in law knows I love to bake — and that I bake all my goodies gluten free and minimalist. The fewer and cleaner the ingredients, the better! So she sent me a recipe which sounded just up my alley. Just some peanut butter, sugar, vanilla and one egg.
FLOURLESS GLUTEN FREE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
I tweaked it some to make it a little less sugary — but no less delicious! These aren’t what I would call MOIST cookies..but they’re the delicate yummy kind that go great with tea. My girls didn’t care what it went with. It just went down their pie holes.
- 1 cup organic and gluten free peanut butter. (You can use almond butter to make it Paleo)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar. (Her recipe called for 1 cup of white sugar.)
- 1 teaspoon organic pure vanilla extract
- 1 organic, grassfed large egg, lightly beaten
- Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and place the racks in the upper and lower third of the oven.
- In a medium bowl, mix the peanut butter, sugar, vanilla and egg until well combined. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the mixture about 1 inch apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten the mounds with the tines of a fork, making a crosshatch pattern on the cookies. Sprinkle coarse salt on top of the cookies.
- Bake until golden around the edges, about 10 minutes, switching the position of the sheets halfway through baking. Transfer to racks to cool. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Voila! You’re done! And your kids will thank you.
++ If you don’t have time to make homebaked cookies, I highly recommend trying one of my favorite gluten free cookie brands! Follow me on Instagram for more updates.