CHARITABLE GIFTS FOR THE DO-GOODER
This time of year, we’re subject to a barrage of editor’s top picks for gift guides. And I don’t begrudge them. They make life easy for the time crunched among us. But given the events that transpired over the course of this historic year, I’m having a hard time wrapping my brain around material goods when there is so much need in the world. Thus, I’m posting my OWN version tailor made to what this season is supposedly all about: giving. And participating. More specifically, to the causes that so greatly need both our money and our efforts.
++ Ladies and gents, I present below my 1st Annual Nice List (aka the Do-Gooder’s Guide to Gift Giving). Enjoy!
1. FOR ANYONE YOU KNOW WHO HAS A BEATING HEART AND A SHRED OF EMPATHY
2. FOR THE HISTORY BUFF
3. FOR YOUR FRIENDS WHO HASH TAGGED #BLACKLIVES MATTER
4. FOR NEWLYWEDS
5. FOR THE FAMILY MEMBER WHO VOTED FOR TRUMP
** for an extra special treat, make the donation in Mike Pence’s name so he’ll be sure to get the notification card.
6. FOR THE FACEBOOK ACTIVIST
7. FOR THE COLLEGE STUDENT
8. FOR THE ENVIRONMENTALIST
++ Because it’s visionaries and leaders like these who are working to help save the planet from climate change deniers.
9. FOR YOUR SON, DAUGHTER, NIECE, NEPHEW, OR ANY OTHER CHILD IN YOUR LIFE
10. FOR ANY FAMILY WHO HAS A LOVED ONE GOING THROUGH CANCER
11. FOR THE FOODIE
12. FOR THE HIPSTER
13. FOR THE NEW MOM
14. FOR ANY OF YOUR MOM FRIENDS
15. FOR YOUR FRIENDS WHO WANT TO ADOPT
16. FOR THE ATHLETE
17. FOR THE BADASS BOSS BABE
18. FOR THOSE THAT HAVE IT ALL AND YOU JUST DON’T KNOW WHAT TO BUY THAT THEY DON’T ALREADY HAVE
Happy “shopping” and Good tidings to you and yours! xo, Allyson