My 3 year old Eliana always wants a treat when we get home from school. She rushes upstairs, puts on her pajamas – and then sits outside on the front step waiting for her snack. Sometimes it’s nutrient dense cookies, or a smoothie — or steamed veggies with a sprinkle of course sea salt. (She loves “soft” carrots!) But, with the air warming up – I either make her strawberry/banana ice cream (sometimes frozen into Popsicles)…or my new found answer……
HOMEMADE FUDGSICLES! – by Chocolate Covered Katie
The yummy taste and creamy texture is super similar to my favorite COCONUT BLISS ice cream. But this is super easy to make and WAY cheaper!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- a high speed blender (I use a Vitamix.)
- 2 tbsp organic raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- 2 very-ripe frozen bananas
- dash of celtic sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- stevia to taste
- (the original recipe provides the optional suggestion of adding peanut butter – and various milk options, too!)
WHAT TO DO:
- blend all ingredients in the Vitamix and then scoop into popsicle molds. Freeze and.
IF I’M FEELING SUPER IMPATIENT + HANGRY, I forego the Popsicle molds and just spoon it up like ice cream! (Hence, the need to use FROZEN bananas.)
Photo by and courtesy of ChocolateCoveredKatie.com.
+++ For all fellow health nut chocoholics, be sure to check out her website for millions of other delicious and easy-to-make chocolate recipes!