GLUTEN FREE CROCKPOT ASIAN CHICKEN
As of late, my go-to healthy dinner item has been the GLUTEN FREE CROCKPOT ASIAN CHICKEN, inspired by a recipe I found on one of my new favorite sites, A Nutritionist Eats. (I tweaked the recipe to make it suitable for my tummy issues and health concerns.) I used my mom’s hand me down crockpot – a super oldie but goodie that has lasted remarkably over the years and has been serving up only the best!
Aside from this dish being super easy to make and a favorite of my kids, it costs almost nothing to make. I got my organic grass fed chicken from Whole Foods for about $6 bucks!
THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED:
- a crockpot
- 1/3 cup low-sodium gluten free tamari or gluten free/paleo coconut aminos.
- 1 T gluten free oyster sauce
- 2 T sesame oil
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sriracha (I add more if I don’t plan on giving it to the kids)
- 5-7 large carrots, sliced (my kids LOVE the way the carrots turn out)
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 inch piece of ginger, chopped
- 1.5 – 2 lbs chicken (I mix and match legs and boneless chicken breast)
- combine tamari (or coconut aminos), gluten free oyster sauce, sesame oil, apple cider vinegar and sriracha in a bowl. Stir until mixed.
- place chicken, carrots, onions, garlic, ginger (in that order) in the crock pot. Pour sauce over. Make sure all the food items are coated in the sauce.
- cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for about 6-7 hours.
VOILA! ENJOY! Serve with rice, a side salad and steamed broccoli to make it a delicious and well rounded feast!
This gluten free crockpot Asian chicken recipe is the easiest dish and a simple and smart way to get protein into your kids’ healthy bodies!
Featured Photo courtesy of anutritionisteats.com.